Monday, February 7, 2011

Montgomery Ala. was the where the induction process started. They had a very large warehouse(s) that all the processing took place in. I would guess that it was at either at Maxwell or Gunter AFB. I remember a very large room with a stage and a many many old couches and chairs scattered around. You took you seat and waited till they called your name and told you want to do. They also had a big room with bunks in it. The sign said the sleeping capacity was 409. But all the bunk were doubles so how could have a odd number? Not the first of many unsolved mystery's that were about to unfold. I had already taken alot of the tests and such so I did not need to do much more. They called my name and sent me to a little room and asked(?)if i would take a few more tests. Sure thing I replied as visions of the infantry swirled in my head. For the rest of the day I took tests and waited. The next morning my name was called again. They sent me down to another room where a Sargent of some kind was. This room is pretty neat, coffee pot, donuts, the guy is pretty friendly. he says I see you have scored very high on some of your tests. I have a deal for you(ever heard that before?) I am going to offer you a chance to join a group of very talented people. I cant not tell you much about it but I can say this "We only accept people from the top 10% of the Army and the work is Top Secret" Damn! You talking me to me? A secret agent, James Bond?, sweet Gee-us, I have been saved. Oh yea Only one other little thing. You have to join for another year. Make that a 4 years not 3 years. 4 years? No big deal. An to think my High school teachers said I was dumb and gullible. Ha Ha Where do I sign. Let me in..............Fade to black.....New Years eve going to Fort Jackson South Carolina in a 100,000 dollar vehicle. A Greyhound bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment