Thursday, March 3, 2011

Close call in Chitose

I had a very small apartment and one night after we had been drinking all day we went to my place.  It was winter and the place was really cold.  Maybe -5 inside when we got there.  I had a  stove that used granulated coal but it took awhile to get it going.  I also had a kerosene heater that worked pretty good so we fired it up.  I was pretty drunk, as was everyone else.  There were 4 of us.  I told the other guys " Dont leave the heater on if you go to sleep ".  I  had a single 75 watt light bulb for light.  I went to sleep and when I woke up  I could barely see the light.  WTH?  The heater had exploded and was pumping out black, oily smoke.  We were all sleeping on the floor and that is the only thing that saved us.  I crawled over and opened the door to the outside  to let some of the smoke out.  I was able to awake on of my friends and we drug the other 2 outside. I really thought they might be dead.  We all were black and looked like coal miners.  It really messed up the but the others chipped in and helped clean it up. Had to replace all the tatami mats, and I hired some people to finish cleaning it up.  We had to go back to the post and it was a week day.  We worked shift work so we had the day off.  We went to the buss stop to catch the buss and it was full of sargent and officers coming from chitose 1.  They asked"  What happened to you guys?"  I told them that   We had a part time time job working in a  coal mine.  I thought it was pretty funny until a day or so later I had to explain it to the First Sargent.  The dumb asses turned us in for working for the japanense with out a permit .  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment